Find a safe person to speak to

If it’s not safe to speak to your parents or you tried but it didn’t help, find a safe person you trust to speak to.

You could try:

  • a teacher
  • your friend
  • a grandparent, aunty or uncle
  • an older brother or sister
  • calling Childline on 0800 1111

Talking with somebody else may help you to feel better and not alone. They may also be able to speak to your parents for you or get you more support.

Sometimes it’s not just the family break up that is worrying you. There may be other things going on at home that make you scared. It is important to tell someone so people can help to keep you safe.

< back to Tips